skip to main content

School Registration


We are currently accepting all kindergarten registration for the 2019-2020 school year!

School Registration Checklist 19-20

In order to register, all kindergarten students will need:

  • Child's birth certificate
  • Child's immunization record
  • A physical
  • Proof of residency (ex: copy of utility bill, lease agreement, mortgage, etc.)

**All incoming kindergarteners MUST turn 5 years of age ON or BEFORE September 1, 2019.

**Children who are turning 5 years old between September 2, 2019 and December 2, 2019 will be enrolled in Transitional Kindergarten.

You can find more information out about Transitional Kindergarten on the district webpage. Or you can read more about regular kindergarten registration here.

Dry Creek will have a Transitional Kindergarten classroom for the 2019-2020 school year!


Kindergarten Registration 2019-2020 (click to go to TRUSD page)

Beginning Monday, January 7, 2019, schools in the Twin Rivers Unified School District (TRUSD) will be accepting Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten registration for the 2019-2020 school year. Please contact your school site for registration packet and information.

To enter kindergarten, a child must meet the following requirements for admission as established by the Education Code and the policies and administrative regulations of TRUSD. The requirements for enrollment are as follows:

  • Completed Student Enrollment Form
  • Completed Home Language Survey
  • PROOF OF RESIDENCY. Acceptable documents are utility bills or payment receipts; rental or lease agreements; property tax receipts; pay stubs; voter registration; correspondence from a government agency; or declaration of residency executed by the parent/guardian.
  • PROOF OF AGE.[1]  Acceptable documents are a birth certificate, baptismal certificate, passport, immigration certificate, Bible record, or when none of these documents are available, an affidavit from the parent/guardian. In order to enter kindergarten, your child must turn five (5) years of age on or before September 1, 2019. Children turning five (5) years of age September 2 through December 2, 2019 will be enrolled in Transitional Kindergarten. 
  • PROOF OF REQUIRED IMMUNIZATIONS[1], HEALTH EXAM & DENTAL CHECKUP. Children must have a physical exam and dental checkup their first year of school (forms are included in the registration packet).
Please call the school office with any questions. We look forward to working with your family to ensure a successful school year for your child.

Families who lack a fixed, regular and adequate nighttime residence may contact our Student Services Department at (916) 566-1615 for help in locating an immunization record and birth certificate for their child, per the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act of 2001.


Enrollment packets for new students can be picked up during the school office hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. 

If you have any questions, please call the school office, at 916-566-1820.